* We’re halfway through summer vacation and the word “homework” will be echoing our halls again soon enough… In preparation of thing to come, check out this great piece filled with helpful guidelines for setting up a productive homework area for your kids.
* Read any good blogs lately..? Check out this great list we’ve come across of recommended parenting blogs.
* A recent 5-year study shows that “optimism training” helps parents of children with developmental disabilities who are struggling with behavior issues – click here to read about this study from last month’s issue of the Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions.
* When should your kids get a “yes”, when should you learn to say “no”, and in which situations is it best to just say “not now”? Here are three genius parenting tips we can all learn from.
* As parents, our job is to look over our kids and protect them, but when they grow up and seek their independence, how do we know when parental “involvement” becomes “over controlling” and “intruding”..? Here are some great tips on how to stay in the picture while giving your children a sense of trust in a non-alienating way.