This is our first Parenting News Recap Roundup of 2015, and we just wanted to let you know that we’re psyched about the new year ahead! 🙂 May everyone’s new year be filled with love, quality family time and parenting wisdom. ❤
* Here are four great parenting goals to set for yourself for the new year.
* Of course you love your spouse, and your kids (double of course!), but every now and then, we all need a night off! Here is a nice write-up rounding up all the logical reasons that will help you let go and explain to yourself why you don’t just deserve – but also *need* – a good night out.
* Here is a list of 8 amazing entrepreneurial kids who prove that the sky is *not* the limit.. Teach your kids that they too can shoot for the stars & beyond! 🙂
* Some resolutions were meant to be broken.. but all of them?? 😉 We enjoyed this mom’s humorous approach to the 2015 New Year resolution she made (which she acknowledges will definitely be broken.)
* Do you know that feeling you sometimes get as a parent, a feeling that takes you back in your mind to your own childhood, and to your parents struggling with you as a child, and you suddenly get this realization & understanding, and all you want to do is pick up the phone, call your mom and say “thank you! I get it now!” – that feeling. Well, this list of 17 things I’d like to tell my parents after becoming a parent” sums that feeling up very nicely.
* Here’s an interesting thought piece we came across – should kids these days address adults by their first names, or go the old fashioned route of “Mr.” and “Mrs.”? This mommy blogger gives some food for thought.
* We found this article’s headline to be very accurate (by not being accurate, that is..) So, these “might” be the most popular baby names for 2015.. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
* We all love those “life hacks” making their way around the Internet, not to mention the numerous “parenting hacks” found on Pinterest… But are all hacks good hacks, or are some just cool/funny ideas that eventually don’t really cut it in real life..? Here’s a list of 10 parenting hacks that should be avoided at all cost. (Seriously, some of these are downright dangerous.. so please take notice & take care!)
* Knowing how to apologize is a great attribute – teach your kids how to be adult about such important issues, starting with these 6 steps to a proper apology.
* The flu season is already well-underway this time of year – here are some important pointers for parents for keeping kids healthy throughout the school year.