* Congrats to actress Drew Barrymore on giving birth to her second girl! We’re loving the unisex name… 🙂
* Are your children using Google Apps for Education (GAFE) or any other software or technologies in their schools? This article covers some interesting points parents should be aware of and keep in mind regarding privacy and the use of technology in the classroom.
* Sleep-deprivation and time-management are big topics amongst new parents, which is why this article is so intriguing… Check out these moms who prefer to work out and exercise during their few free hours (rather than catch up on sleep) – and we’re not just talking about a light jog and some pushups, we’re talking marathon training & record-breaking running – all while fulfilling their motherly tasks (milk pumping at the halfway mark? not a problem..) 😉 You go moms!
* Paternity leave vs. maternity leave (and the role -and rights- of fathers in general) is a very interesting topic, especially when approached from a sports angle, as seen in this article about the much-buzzed-about paternity day taken by the New York Mets’ own Daniel Murphy, who missed his teams opening day game so that he could witness the birth of his first-born son.
* The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy.. we don’t know how to break this to you folks, but none of them are real!! Oh, you already knew that? Well then, why are you all lying to your kids?! 😉 Here’s an interesting take on whether we’re doing our kids good or harm with these famous childhood myths.
* A child psychologist and a parenting coach lists the seven common yet critical mistakes parents make with their children, along with tips & guidelines to correcting these behaviors. An interesting read indeed.
* Not sure which child-raising phase is your favorite? or which is the easier? Here’s a nice breakdown of the stages, from newborn to teen years, including clearly listed pros & cons.
* Some parenting moments you just don’t want to miss, and then there are those moments that – somehow – you just always will… As explained in these top 10 parenting truths.