* It takes two to tango… well, if only parenting were as easy as dancing! When two parents disagree on how to raise their kids, things can get pretty sticky. Here are some great tips & guidelines to keep in mind for the next time you and your partner find yourselves butting heads due to different parenting styles.
* In today’s technically inclined day & age, getting kids to read is harder (and more important) than ever before! Here are some great tips on creating a reading-friendly environment for toddlers.
* Some parents return to work in a jiffy after a new child is born, and others decide to extend the newborn’s welcoming period and become stay-at-home parents. We came across this post with some very interesting insights for those who are considering the stay-at-home path.
* Watching your kids grow up, as they become actual little adults-in-the-making, is fascinating & amazing. This is a great piece by a dad who describes how his pre-teen children are becoming knowledgeable and proficient in areas he knows nothing about, as they become more than just “the kids” in the household…
* Everyone’s abuzz about the new celebrity baby on the way… Ashton Kutcher & Mila Kunis are expecting! (Woohoo! Congrats!) MTV released this delightful parenting guide for the Punk’d dad-to-be.
* If you have an out of control teen, you may want to take this quiz to find out if you are a permissive parent and if your behavior is enabling theirs in any way… (No accusations here! Just a thought.. worth checking out..) 😉
* And while we’re taking quizzes, why not keep going? A ‘permissive parent’ is only one of many types – take this quiz to find out which type of parent you really are.
* As a parent, do you know how to also spend time on YOURSELF? Read this great post that addresses the topic of guilt & happiness (or lack thereof..) and how it affects the children as they grow up with sacrificing parents.
* How do you deal with sibling rivalry? This article covers the mistakes which tend to lead to sibling rivalry within a household, while offering tips on how to prevent these situations of constant bickering, complaining and fighting.