Happy Holidays fellow parents!
To help you enjoy your quality family time & get the most out of this festive season, we’ve rounded up the following recommended holiday parenting how to’s, guides, and end of year recaps…
* Teach your kids the value of a handmade gift – a good present doesn’t have to be expensive; if it comes from the heart and is well thought-out, a personalized gift can be worth so much more than Dollars and Cents… Here are some great DIY gift ideas you can make with your kids for your family and friends.
* Children benefit from a consistent bedtime routine, but around the holidays these can be a little harder to maintain.. Here are some helpful tips for dealing with bedtime during this hyper festive season.
* During the holidays and winter break, kids spend a lot of time away from their books and learning schedules; keeping their minds sharp during this time is not a task or a chore (or god forbid, a punishment..!) – keep your kids keen on learning during the holidays with these easy-to-follow tips.
* Are you planning a family vacation over the holidays? Here are some important and extremely useful tips and guidelines for traveling with children, issued by The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
* Curious to know what some of our favorite celebrity parents have planned for the holidays..? Here’s the dish on some of the family fun they’re looking forward to. 🙂
* As you know, we love a good recap (*wink*wink*), which is why we just loved this end of year recap of the best parenting trends of 2013.
* Looking for the perfect holiday gift for a pregnant wife/girlfriend/sister/mom/friend? Our friends at Belly Love Spa (located in Margate, Florida) have the perfect packages for expecting moms, with unique spa treatments that are tailored to the changing physical & emotional needs of a pregnant woman. By combining traditional spa treatments with belly massages, belly imprinting, pregnancy portrait sittings, and 3D/4D ultrasounds, Belly Love Spa have created these perfect relaxing and pampering gifts for any mom-to-be. The spa is also offering some great holiday promotions – 10% off the Simply Pampered Pregnancy Package, and 20% off your second item of maternity apparel purchased at the spa’s maternity store. (And don’t forget to say PTTV sent you!)
* And last but not least… have you seen the latest episode on Alicia Coppola‘s channel on PTTV? This week we asked Alicia what she thinks about having babies in your thirties, versus twenties or forties… We think it’s a very interesting topic, and Alicia had some great input, having become a mom in her mid-thirties. You can watch this episode here.
FYI – We’ll be heading out for the holidays to spend time with our families too, so both the blog and Alicia Coppola’s channel will be on hiatus until 2014…
PTTV wishes you and yours Happy Holidays and a great New Year! XOXO