This week we’re back with some interesting tips for parents going through a separation, some inspiring parenting quotes and pregnancy anecdotes, and of course – a new clip from our lovely celebrity mom Alicia Coppola. Enjoy! 😀
* Pregnant and pissed off? Well, before you go biting anyone’s head off, maybe this amusing article about the most annoying things you can say to a pregnant woman will help you unwind with a good laugh.
* Can you guess which favorite American dad said the following..? “Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell, the name will carry.” Find out who said this, along with some other brilliant lines, in this collection of great parenting quotes.
* If you are interested in learning/understanding more about “mindful parenting” , here are five basic principles to explore.
* It’s a sad reality, but sometimes divorce or separation are an inevitable step, a family has to face. It could happen following loss of love, financial burdens or a simple lack of proper communication, but parents find themselves at this stage, during which they have to tell their kids that mom & dad are separating. Here are some noteworthy pointers on how to conduct the divorce talk with your kids.
* Harper’s Magazine cited that the number of “problematic narcissist” college students has risen 60% since 1982. That’s quite a rattling number. This statistic raised the question – how does one grow up to become a narcissist? Is that what’s to become of today’s little “spoiled brats”? This interesting article on the subject provides some interesting parenting guidelines to help prevent your kids from going down that road.
* The latest new episode on Alicia Coppola’s channel on PTTV is especially amusing. 🙂 Alicia tells us how she broke the news of a new baby to her girls, while sharing some great personal stories… (“you can’t shove her back in..!”) 😉