We hope everyone had a wonderful family-fun-filled Labor Day weekend!
Now that we’re back to our daily routines, here are some interesting and useful parenting articles and posts you may have missed:
* On “upbringing” vs. “education” — a truly interesting piece on the responsibilities and roles both parents and teachers/school systems hold when it comes to defining children’s success in the classroom.
* Analog vs digital, outdoors vs indoors.. when two parents with opposing personalities separate, how do their different lifestyles affect their daughter who zig-zags between two very different households? Click here to read this beautiful post by a mom who sees herself as “the day-to-day parent” in opposed to her previous partner, “the play parent.”
* Ganging up on gangs — teachers and parents alike should be on the lookout for gang-related signs and logos when the kids return to school this month. Here’s an informative article about how kids are recruited over the summer and what you should be looking out for in case your child has been recruited to a gang. [Parents, be alert!]
* Tooth Fairy rates in 2013 — is the “Tooth Fairy” teaching our kids the true value of a Dollar, or are we willingly just ignoring economic trends when it comes to our kids and their teeth..? Check out this nationwide study indicating that tooth “rates” are skyrocketing.
* Ashton Kutcher at the Teen Choice Awards — if you haven’t seen Ashton’s motivating speech from Nickelodeon’s Teen Choice Awards yet, you really really should. Trust us, you’ll enjoy it. 🙂 You can watch it here.